Transport for Wales has revealed how five new railway stations in Wales could look. A public consultation has been launched this day encouraging folks to give their order on the designs for stations proposed for Cardiff East, Newport West, Somerton, Llanwen and Magor and Undy.
It is hoped the stations will enhance transport hyperlinks between Wales and England and supply some relief to the web site traffic on the M4 around Newport. Participants are being asked about compose of the station nonetheless also the form of facilities that of us would desire to inquire at each and each. There are also proposals for new products and services between Cardiff, Bristol and Cheltenham Spa that could result in four trains per hour and boost frequencies at existing local stations on the route.
The proposals are key suggestions of the South East Wales Transport Commission, delivered as phase of the South Wales Mainline Programme, which targets to a good deal give a enhance to how folks access and scurry on the railway. Drop in events had been organised where folks can piece their views that could also fair take hold of location at:
- Somerton station at Lliswery Baptist Church on October 23 from 1pm to 7.30pm
- Llanwern station at Llanwern Village Hall on October 24 from 12pm to 7.30pm
- Cardiff East (Newport Road) station at St Peter’s Rugby Soccer Club on October 26 from midday till 7.30pm
- Newport West station at Maes Glas Community Centre on November 6 from midday till 7.30pm
- Llanwern station at Glan Llyn Foremost Faculty on November 7 from 4.45pm till 6.30pm
- Magor and Undy station at Magor and Undy Community Hub on November 9 from midday till 7.30pm
Chief transport planning and construction officer for Transport for Wales, Geoff Ogden, acknowledged: “Our imaginative and prescient for Wales is one wherein we all bear extra opportunities to are dwelling extra healthy and happier lives. For us, unlocking the capability of the South Wales mainline is key to changing how folks scurry in the placement. Join our WhatsApp news neighborhood right here for the most novel breaking news
“We’re proud to piece our proposals for five new stations between Cardiff Central and Severn Tunnel Junction that along with the new products and services will supply extra folks the substitute to scurry on the railway. All of us know that these designs will give a enhance to with public feedback. That’s why we’re asking folks to piece their tips.”
The consultation runs till January 14 on the Transport for Wales web site.