The strive in opposition to to became the 2023 Bennetts British Superbike Champion intensified on the penultimate spherical of the season at Donington Park as the BeerMonster Ducati teammates clashed within the 2nd dash, both crashing out of the action. Tommy Bridewell regained the lead on the stop of the standings on the stop of the weekend, nonetheless there are level-headed correct 7.5 parts separating the pair ahead of the Brands Hatch title decider (13/14/15 October).
In the 2nd dash of the weekend, there was a seven-manner strive in opposition to for the lead, nonetheless the rivalry between the BeerMonster teammates boiled over and ended with Bridewell colliding with Irwin into Melbourne and the pair both crashing out.
As the dash continued, Kyle Ryde sought to grab abet and he did correct that, successful the dash for defending Champions LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha to proceed to claw abet the abet within the standings. Regardless of a tricky dash three for Ryde, finishing in twelfth region, he nearly halved the abet to Bridewell within the standings, with now correct 35 parts the deficit ahead of Brands Hatch.
Ryde’s fifth gain came when the dash was crimson flagged for rain on lap 17, nonetheless it was also more success for Leon Haslam and the ROKiT BMW Motorrad Personnel as he also capitalised on the BeerMonster Ducati riders’ non-parts fetch.
Nonetheless, it’ll were more for Haslam as his weekend ended with heartache, he was preserving one other solid 2nd region within the closing dash when a technical field ended his trace spectacularly and introduced a pair of crimson flag.
The ‘Pocket Rocket’ has a 41-level deficit to Bridewell, nonetheless will reach on the closing spherical brilliant that in 2017 his 32-level abet within the standings ahead of the season finale was decimated, losing the title to Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne by six parts.
The BeerMonster Ducati pairing couldn’t rebound in dash three either as Irwin was all of the sudden out of the dash with a technical field after the hole corner of the first lap and Bridewell struggled, losing down the command to ninth.
As the leading title contenders had a disastrous Donington Park, Jason O’Halloran returned to successful ways in dash three, whilst Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati’s Christian Iddon was essentially the simplest rider to fetch a double podium in this day’s two races. FHO Racing BMW Motorrad’s Josh Brookes also was abet on the rostrum in dash three to show his tempo in wet prerequisites.
Three races now remain within the strive in opposition to to became Bennetts British Superbike Champion at Brands Hatch, with a maximum of 105 parts on hand on the closing Showdown.
Eight riders remain within 105 parts of Bridewell on the stop of the standings, with Irwin level-headed his closest rival. Ryde and Haslam lead the chasing pack, 35 parts and a further six parts respectively adrift, with Lee Jackson 2.5 parts down on Haslam. In the intervening time O’Halloran, Brookes and Iddon remain in mathematical opponents.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Hasten 2 consequence:
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha)
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) +0.224s
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati) +1.489s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) +1.755s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +2.138s
- Ryan Vickers (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) +3.791s
- Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda by Hawk Racing) +6.387s
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +6.678s
- Max Cook dinner (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) +9.655s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +10.938s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Hasten 3 consequence:
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha)
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati) +6.936s
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +10.884s
- Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda by Hawk Racing) +13.561s
- Jack Kennedy (Mar-Prepare Racing Yamaha) +16.183s
- Storm Stacey (Starline Racing Kawasaki) +16.414s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +16.797s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) +17.368s
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) +17.862s
- Davey Todd (Milwaukee BMW Motorrad) +19.937s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) 368
- Glenn Irwin (BeerMonster Ducati) 360.5
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) 333
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) 327
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) 324.5
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 317.5
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad Personnel) 292
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati) 264
“I’m sore after this day’s crash and extinct out emotionally after the weekend. Without doubt it’s been a no longer easy day and a rollercoaster of a meeting. I apologised to Glenn and his personnel as it was clearly disappointing for both of us.
“I felt so solid on the bike and to reach from last on the grid to lead after eight laps is nearly unheard of in BSB so it’s an valid shame it took region.
“In the closing dash, I had a pair of visibility complications, nonetheless I came right here half of a level within the abet of within the championship standings and I’m leaving 7.5pts within the lead so I’m feeling obvious going into the closing spherical at Brands Hatch.”
For more recordsdata test out our dedicated British Superbikes Recordsdata page
Or refer to the official Bennetts British Superbike Championship site www.britishsuperbike.com