Newcastle defender Dan Burn has signed a new contract committing him to the membership until the summer of 2025.
Burn, 31, has made 70 appearances since becoming a member of from Brighton in January 2022.
The boyhood Newcastle fan, who used to be born in nearby Blyth, helped the membership qualify for the Champions League final season and scored in their 4-1 accumulate over Paris St-Germain earlier this month.
“It capacity every part to me to play for this membership and to ticket a new contract,” mentioned Burn.
“I mentioned when I signed that I did now not need this to be apt a ‘cease-gap’ signing to withhold us up – I needed to be here for a protracted time.
“So in my idea it feels even more of an achievement signing this one than it used to be if fact be told signing here within the main self-discipline.”
Magpies manager Eddie Howe added: “Dan is a leader on and off the pitch, so we’re tickled he has extended his terminate with us.
“He’s a key section of our squad and has played a mountainous role in our growth since his arrival.”
- Newest Newcastle United news, evaluation and fan views
- Salvage Magpies news notifications
- Snoop on the newest Newcastle United Podcast
- Our protection of Newcastle United is bigger and higher than ever sooner than – here’s every part that you simply too can must know to form certain you by no means omit a 2nd
- Every thing Newcastle – gallop straight to the total easiest teach